Today I am back at the weight I was at when I first got to town a year ago. I definitely have the IT professional physique now. Working at the hospital has not influenced me to practice good health habits. I don’t get any exercise anymore. I am on the see food diet (I see food then I eat it). I have extended my burger night from one day to several days at week. I was at a birthday party on Saturday. I just kept eating and eating. The spring rolls were fantastic, and they made so many of them. The little ready-bake quiches are a weakness for me. Then there was the hummus. Then they brought our fajitas. My band played, we had cake. Then I had seconds on the fajitas.
The hospital has not influenced me to eat well. I walk by the physical therapists with my head hung low. I really don’t want to make eye contact with them. Looking down is pretty bad though because I then have to see their calves, and their calves are built. I would never play them in a one-on-one of any sport, even if I were in shape. I’m a weakling.
I have become a chunky butt with cottage cheese ass textures. My belly flows over my waistline like a hot mercury bursting out of a thermometer. Tonight I will be visited by the ghost of John Candy. “If these fates remain unchanged, I see an empty office chair where Fat Frankie once sat.” Thank you, ghost of John Candy. I have felt like doing some standup again. I feel as though being fat might make me funnier. Looking like a guy who’s given up might be hilarious. Especially since many of my jokes have to do with failed relationships. “This guy’s never been in a relationship. Poor thing thinks he’s attractive. Married? This guy was married? I can see why she left him. He’s delusional… and fat.”
So here I am at work eating coffee for breakfast. Thought about having a kolache but changed my mind when I couldn’t slide my finger inside my waistline. I’ll have soup for lunch, and for dinner I’ll have a shitload of snacks. I’ll start healthy by trying to limit myself to an apple with peanut butter, but then I’ll have a hot dog, then the second hotdog, then two slices of buttered toast. I’ll probably eat the rest of the tortilla chips and then justify it by reminding myself that I did good today.
I’m going to eat the can of pork and beans tonight. With hot dogs chopped up in the beans. With American cheese melted on top. Over spaghetti.
No comments:
Post a Comment